Where to Next?


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Oaxaca » Oaxaca
January 9th 2010
Published: January 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After returning to the beach for the Christmas and New Year holidays and camping there, we were literally itching for a hot shower. So, we drove over the mouantain again to the Emerald City, (Oaxaca), and have been staying with a friend who has a Temascal at her house.

Over the holidays at the beach we participated in drumming classes with an american guy from New Mexico for a few afternoons. He had a large collection of African type drums and showed us how to do some simple drumming. Although it was not planned, we jumped right in on the night of the new years eve full moon party and had a great time. The many people there thought we were real pros improvising. But the beginers just did their simple parts and the whole thing came off great. At one point, while I was just trying to hang in there with my hands killing me, the rather large croud broke out in applause and we all surged in our drumming and it was really quite an experience.

We drove back to Oaxaca City where we have been for perhaps five days and nights with our Mexican friend Alicia and a Mother and her 16 year old daughter who are from Argentina. Today a friend came from Mexico City for the week end and all in all we are having lots of fun, (mostly in spanish).

We have repacked the truck and are think about more beach time. Stay tuned.

Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb