It's been a while!!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » Rincon de Guayabitos
December 10th 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We're still alive, in case anyone was wondering but we have been busy and thats the only way to have it.

I will start with today and go backward. Evan, Jamie, his worker and Jamie's mom Debbie have gone on an 8 hour whale watching, site seeing tour. I wasn't convinced that he would enjoy himself but Jamie and Debbie were sure he would and at this stage Jamie, definitely knows him better then we do. They had met some people at their condo that invited them and assured that they would love to have Evan along. So thats where they are today.

Yesterday, we made the drive to Cave beach. There was 11 of us and we were the only ones at this isolated beach. The road in is the pits but well worth the trip. We barbequed hot dogs, swam, floated on airmatresses etc. Larry asked Evan what the best part of the day was and for him it was throwing the ball for the 2 dogs that accompanied us. We all had a wonderful time but Evan especially.

We had another "Street of Dreams" party on Monday night. This time it was a tamale party. 23 of us enjoyed appies at Happy Hour and then Martha, the Mexican cook arrived with a marvelous dinner of pork tamales, veggie tamales, tiny roasted potatoes, salad and dessert. This is real Mexican food and such a nice way to enjoy it.

Picked Evan and the girls up at the airport on Sunday. They had been up at 2:30 to catch their 5:40am flight so they were bagged. We did our usual stop at San Francisco for a Marguerita on the beach before basically dropping them off at their condo. I thought if we left them, they might rest but no way, they were out and about until 10pm and then they all went to bed and died until 10:30am the next day. We picked Evan up on Monday, he came to the Tamale party and then spent the night with us. This gave Jamie and Debbie some time to read and rest without having to talk or listen none stop. Evan was warmly welcomed by all our new friends at the Tamale party. He chatted with everyone and took pictures of all his new friends. Evan makes friends every where he goes. Jamie says they were only invited on the whale watching trip because their new friends at the condo thought Evan would enjoy it!! Pays to travel with Evan.

We have done a few adventure tours with our neighbours. Thank goodness, not as adventurous as our fishing net one but thats a good thing. We have taken a few side roads and arrived at beautiful accomodation on the most magnificient beaches you could imagine. Drove about 8 km along this one lane bush road to Lydia's Bungalows and wow, an amazing infinity pool and delightful accomodation on another deserted beach. Another one lane bush road for 5 or 6 km and arrived at Private Property sign. A Mexican fellow came out and invited us in to see his amazing bungalows in the boondocks. The bungalows overlook the beach.

We have rented our trailer for almost the whole month we are home for Christmas so we have been decorating our patio with lights and silver bells. The park is planning a huge turkey dinner for Christmas day. Everyone says that Christmas Eve is almost better then the next day. On Christmas Eve the gringos and the Mexican that come to camp for Christmas week gather at the office and alternate singing Christmas carols in Spanish and English then the children beat the pinatas that the Gringos have been gathering. I hear it is a ton of fun and very moving as well. It has been suggested that maybe they should not buy Santas for pinatas, something about it being sad to beat Santa to a pulp even if he is made from paper mache.

Evan and the girls leave here on Sunday and then Larry and I leave for home on December 16th. It will be a busy fun time at home and we are looking forward to seeing our 'old friends' and family. See everyone soon.

Nancy and Larry


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

The bookieThe bookie
The bookie

Lots of $$ was raised for breast cancer thru the bookie and of course bribes. This is not for Cancer research but for supporting woman in our Mexican community that have no money for the bus trip to Tepic for chemo or maybe want some $$ so their friend or daughter could accompany mom home from Chemo on the bus. Not many of us could even imagine being sick from chemo and having to take a 2 hour bus ride. A really good cause.
Our Christmas TreeOur Christmas Tree
Our Christmas Tree

I think I might plant it after Christmas. The decorations are glue gunned on so we will plant it decorations and all.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb