Toronto to Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Mexico City
May 18th 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 18.5.2010 day 216
Toronto to Mexico
Up at 3:30am then drive to the airport. Return rental car but no one was there so we had to just leave the keys I am a bit worried they will try and charge to much to our credit card for it but we had to get our flight. We managed to get our boarding passes and bags checked though to our domestic flight from Mexico City to Merida. Then we go on our flight to Mexico City. It had lots of bad weather so we got in 30 minutes late which is fine as we had a 5 hour... Now 4 ½ hour wait for our next flight at the airport. We went through immigration and then frond an ATM and got some money out. This was not that easy as there only seem to be one in the whole airport even though there were 100’s of shops and money changes and the airport was not easy to find your way around in. Even though we went through Immigration and exchanged from the international airport to the domestic airport we then had to go through another immigration check. Then we found the Mexicana equivalent of Quanta’s club and sat there with the free alcohol and food. The waiter was fantastic he keep toping up our food and very strong drinks after not having much to drink at all in the last few weeks in Canada I was feeling a bit drunk and then we flew from Mexico City to Merida. In Merida we went through customs were they checked our forms then made us press a button mine went green so I walked though my friends went red so they looked inside his bag of course we did not have anything in it. Then we went and pre payed our taxi and got a taxi to the hotel it was only 155 peso’s or ($15.50) so that was good as we. Our hotel is very nice and we have a fantastic room. They said if we payed cash that we did not have to pay the taxes we thought that was a go idea and payed cash. We had a bit of a rest and then walked into town and got some food for dinner.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb