Sea, Sun and Sand


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco
February 9th 2010
Published: February 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What do you write about when your days are full of good food, sandy beaches, thick books and gorgeous sunsets? ...the beach sand was a little gritty on my bare feet this morning... the sun screen seems to be working... I am particularly fond of the banana and papaya smoothies... it is so dark in my room that it is a real trial to get up before 10 am... my shirts all need to be washed so I've stopped wearing them... the streets are paved with bumpy rocks and my rented bike is short on shocks... the buses have laid back seats perfect for sleeping... the father who runs this Internet café has been in-his-face pontificating to his son for the last 10 minutes without a break, the kid has been silent and motionless the whole time... beware of the green sauce that´s on the table of some but not all restaurants... the volcano was quiet when we visited, been hoping for a small eruption... the Canadian flag is frequently flown along the Jalisco coast of Mexico... I saw two backpackers the other day... security in these Internet cafés is such that I've now installed Picasa at two, lucky you... enough! time for a chili rellenos, a swim and a siesta!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



14th February 2010

Glad your´re still enjoing Mexico
Hey Bill, Looks like you´re having fun on your own and getting into the Melaque rhythm. Janene
28th April 2010

All sounds rather idyllic! Love the photo of the cowboys!
7th January 2011
Fountain in Colima

This is one of the best pictures i've seen on Travelblog!
12th January 2011

Tourists
I'm sorry they line up for the tourists but it is a cool photo.

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 24; qc: 112; dbt: 0.112s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb