Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
January 26th 2016
Published: January 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Puerto Vallarta

Tuesday

Went out to breakfast this morning becaise we ran out of coffee! Ended up at Esmeralda's in Obregon (a small town next to Melaque). It was a little walk, but worth it. Their presentation of waffles with strawberries was very creative. The strawberries were cut like a big flower, with kiwi slices for leaves. The place was very large, lots of customers.

Since our bus to Puerto Vallarta didn't leave until 11:00, we had some hammock time, reading and bird watching. We saw a beautiful blue and yellow bird we haven't been able to identify. Bob says we take long hikes, and the best bird watching is from his hammock.

We took a second class bus to PV, very comfortable with A/C and restroom. We took this bus because it was convenient to our check-out time, but it also saved us $16. We made a few stops along the way for passengers, and when we got to Tomatlan, way inland from Boca de Tomatlan, the bus stopped for lunch. The driver said there was another bus right there that would go directly to PV, so we changed buses. Lots of road work along the highway in spots. Bob said it was like driving through a mine field. We got to PV in about five hours.

Took a taxi from the bus stop to our hotel, Hostel Vallarta Suites. We got a hostel room to ourselves (for up to 5 people), and it was very reasonable. The hostel is at the top of a hill, up many steps, with a good view of the city. The hostel is very clean and includes breakfast. This whole area has somewhat of a European feel to it, lots of art shops and galleries, wrought iron balconies.

We got settled in our room, then went exploring and found a place to eat. The restaurant the girl at the desk suggested was closed for another hour, so we continued on and ended up at the top of the market. This is a very good spot to eat, very reasonable and always good food. Our table was overlooking the river, so a lovely spot. We then crossed the swinging bridge, which always makes me a bit seasick, and walked through the art and crafts area. Then cut down to the Malecon to walk by the ocean. Beautiful sky this evening, with several sailboats in the water.

Tomorrow our plane leaves about 5:00pm, so we have a little more time for exploring this area. Then it's back to the cold and snow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



27th January 2016
Who am I?

Who Am I?
Margie, I think this is an orange breasted bunting. They are found almost exclusively on the Puerto Vallarta coastal area. Happy travels coming home tomorrow! Gail
27th January 2016
Who am I?

Who am I?
Thanks, Gail! Some of these birds are so beautiful.

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0939s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb