Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
January 13th 2016
Published: January 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Boca de Tomatlan

Wednesday

We have already been in Mexico a week. The time has gone by very quickly. Today we walked down to Boca to check out the taco place Gibran recommended, but again it was closed. We did find another place though, which was very good and extremely reasonable. Saw a funny combination of doggie playmates, a big retriever and a tiny chihuahua. Very cute.

Took the bus directly from Boca to Puerto Vallarta. A guy was singing along with his background music on tape, entertaining the bus passengers. He sang La Bamba and some people were singing along with him. We spent a long time walking around Vallarta. We walked through an area with many art studios and sculpture shops. Most of the buildings are white. We again walked along the Malecon by the ocean, this time much further north than before. Also had to stop for an ice cream cone.

We checked at the bus station for the schedule to Melaque for Friday. Gibran said he would call and have the bus stop at our hotel, but we just checked for backup in case this didn't work out. We also found the hotel we had scheduled for our last day in Mexico. It is way up a hill with a fantastic view of the city. We just got an email that the reservation had been cancelled, but we didn't cancel it. Turned out the hotel had sent us an email that they needed half of it in cash as a deposit, but there was a language barrier problem and misunderstanding. We re-reserved the night and paid them the deposit, and won't owe a fee for a cancellation.

Stopped by the grocery for breakfast items, then took the bus back to the hotel. We have one day left here at this place, and will have to figure out an adventure for tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb