Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
January 10th 2016
Published: January 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Boca de Tomatlan
Sunday

We saw a water taxi going from Boca to Puerto Vallarta this morning while we ate breakfast on the balcony. Later we took the bus into PV, walked around the town and along the Malecon (walk by the ocean). PV seems to be a mix of old and new. Lots of food carts and outdoor booths, old fruit markets, as well as some very fancy, expensive shops and hotels. You can see the mountains in the background, homes up in the hills. Stopped for a snack of fish tacos at an outdoor stand. It has been in the same location for many years and we stop each time we are there. Excellent fish, huge pieces. Walked around the central market, with row upon row of crafts on the main floor, and very reasonable restaurants on the upper level.

We stopped at a sports bar to watch the Vikings game. Not too many people, mostly Canadians and fans of the Seahawks. We saw that the temperature at the start of the game was -3 degrees and the fans were bundled up in parkas and scarves, with frozen breath in the air. We were so nice and comfortable! What a bad ending for the Vikings. After the game we walked through the artisan area along the river. Saw quite a few birds, but they weren't cooperative for photos. Just an overwhelming number of things to see in the artisan stalls.

Went back to the central market top floor for dinner. Had their special (comida)--jasmine tea, fish filet, rice, salad and beans, $7.60 total for two. Very tasty. We are so extravagant! Back to the hotel to read and enjoy the view. Have to plan another adventure for tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb