Whales, volcanoes and beautiful views


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Puerto Vallarta
March 24th 2011
Published: March 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Jumping whale 11 secs
2: Harvesting Agave, (for Tequila) 61 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
San BlasSan BlasSan Blas

Humpback whale
Back to Mexico for the third time. I explored a different region.
This time i went to the states of Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan and Nayarit.

Highlights:

1- Whale watching in San Blas: apart from those big whales that you can only see the backs, i saw and filmed jumping Humpback whales. Amazing!

2- Coast of Michoacan: very rugged coast, and at many places, the mountains stop directly at the sea, creating super high cliffs, protected coves, and above all, FANTASTIC VIEWS!!! We must have stop 15 times on the road, saying that one view was better than the previous one. It's a destination in itself.

3- Paricutin volcano: it's not the first volcano i have visited. But the fact that i went to visit it by horse, (6 hours total...), that you can visit the old village that was completely covered by lava, (only part of the old church is visible), and that you walk to climb the final part of the volcano, it was real fun, and great views from above.

4- Visit of Tequila plantation and distillery in Tequila town: really interesting. They made you try tools in the filed when they harvest the Agave plant, + you taste several types of tequila. You have a gift shop there, and alcohol prices are at the lowest they can be, so buy a bottl eor two directly there if you wish.

5- Mangroves tours in San Blas: to see the crocodiles, turtles and great number of birds.

Enjoy!

6- Take the road up to extinct Nevado de Colima volcano. Great views and real nice forest.

I added 3 cool videos today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 139, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

SAn Blas, mangrovesSAn Blas, mangroves
SAn Blas, mangroves

What a beauty!


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 24; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1015s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb