Jogging...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
February 7th 2014
Published: February 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Street ArtStreet ArtStreet Art

I love the street art here....bigger than life images and themes....
If it's true that walking on uneven surfaces is good for your brain synapses, then jogging here must have added years to my mental acuity!

Besides the usual urban dangers of uneven pavement and dog poop, I've had dodge many other obstacles. The sidewalks can change from cement to tile to stone to dirt all in one short block. Each household or business constructs and maintains their bit of pavement. Some of the tilework is slippery, especially when freshly washed. There are occasionally holes deep enough to break one's leg...Add to this mix fallen oranges and the occasional business that sticks out into the sidewalk! The streets are better, but there one finds cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles, all of which have the right of way. Fortunately, all the streets are one way except for the arterials, so I only have look one way to cross intersections!

I did an hour's jog this morning and ran to a park where I hoped to find some green space...it was closed for construction. They were using hundreds of recycled Christmas trees as landfill (I assume) in one part. I passed a nun in an elaborate habit walking a Chihuahua!

We had an expensive seafood dinner tonight ($30) at one of the few sit-down restaurants in our neighborhood...very modern with a young clientele, valet parking, and good, but not great food...

Today was a lazy day for us...just enjoyed this beautiful house and garden....Tomorrow we have to move on to small hotel about 15 blocks away for 4 days, while we take day trips to villages around Guadalajara. We will go next the mountains south of Lake Chapala, and then onto Colima, and then the coast....


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

CemetaryCemetary
Cemetary

In the distance is a funeral of someone fairly young...lot's of tattooed people among the mourners....the group was wanting while workers jack-hammered something...


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb