Rio Caliente Spa, Primavera, Mexico Jalisco Province


Advertisement
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
July 8th 2011
Published: July 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rio Caliente Spa, Primavera, Mexico Jalisco Province I’m home from a week in Mexico. I heard that my favorite spa was closing July 18, so, of course, I immediately went online and reserved a week and made plane reservations. I tried to talk some friends and relatives into joining me, but no one was free or willing to travel then. “I’m sorry, Susie, my ankle still isn’t healed enough for ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 99, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Two musiciansTwo musicians
Two musicians

The one on the left entertained the VIPs. The one on the right, the common people.
Obsidian weaponsObsidian weapons
Obsidian weapons

The obsidian made this civilization wealthy. It was the weapon of choice until iron, bronze, and steel were discovered.
Mountains seen along drivesMountains seen along drives
Mountains seen along drives

Lots of mountains, but also fertile fields that we could see as we were driven around.
fruit trees growing on pyramidsfruit trees growing on pyramids
fruit trees growing on pyramids

The fruit from this tree is so delicious the archeologists decided not to remove the trees. It has a short season. Sorry, I forget the name.
The Indians lived down belowThe Indians lived down below
The Indians lived down below

When the pyramids were active, the Indians lived in a village down by the river (later dammed to form the lake). They came up the hill for religious, political and celebratory events.
the ball courtthe ball court
the ball court

Games were played with 2 purposes: political decisions; and entertainment.
Pyramid 1Pyramid 1
Pyramid 1

This largest pyramid is very badly damaged. It will be very difficult to restore, so the others were done first.



22nd July 2011

Great Trip Summary
Much enjoyed this Susie. didn't know that you went to Mexico so often.
22nd July 2011

I made mistakes in photo titles
The "mesquite tree" is really a cactus. I should have put on my glasses. The first tree labeled "fruit tree" was another tree in the cactus garden. I'll see if I can fix these titles.
9th August 2011

Sad
So sad that Rio is closing. I am despondent thinking that next January I won't be on my way to Guadalajara for ten days of calm, peace and pleasure - and delicious food. I've been going for more than twenty years. Does anyone know of another place like Rio?
15th December 2015

If you visited Rio Caliente you were so blessed.
My very good friend and I were looking for a vacation spot that was low key and relaxing. We had no idea something as wonderful as Rio Caliente existed. We made reservations online. Booked our air travel and landed in Guatelara. With the help of some Spanish/English speaking travelers we were able to get a taxi. Not speaking the language, when we entered the forest/park on the semi dirt road we were terrified. He delivered us safely to the most beautiful, rare destitination. I visited another time and am so sad it isn't available anymore, but still thankful of was one of few that even new it existed. Thank you Rio Caliente, you will always have a place in my heart.
15th December 2015

Missing Rio Calienta
My sisters, friends and I miss the spa a lot. We talk of it often. Thanks for your comments.
15th December 2015

Please, if you find somewhere quite as refreshing as Rio Caliente, Clue me in.
I've visited many tourist traps, and would love to visit somewhere as remote and relaxing as Rio Calinete. Thank you

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb