The Birthplace of Tequila and Mariachi's


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
September 7th 2007
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Guadalajara, JaliscoGuadalajara, JaliscoGuadalajara, Jalisco

Guadalajara's twin-towered Cathedral is almost as old as the city itself.
Our next stop was to the second largest city in Mexico, Guadalajara. With a population of 4 million people, we expected Guadalajara to be a bit more touristy, dangerous and dirty, but to our surprise it was the exact opposite. We truly enjoyed our time visiting Guadalajara, home to our favorite Chivas soccer team...Somos Chivas...Super Chivas!!!

I won't bore you with all the details of our visit here as you can see the beauty and fun we had in the state of Jalisco through our eyes - our photos. The large twin-towered cathedral surrounded by four plazas, is the heart of the city. At night the buildings are all lit up with lights as well making the perfect city day and night.

While visiting Guadalajara, we also spent some time with a friend of Carlos' who is currently living and playing soccer in Guadalajara. Carlos' friend is currently playing with one of Atlas' teams. We enjoyed a night out with him and his girlfriend as we dined on cheap, but delicious tacos. We chose the carne asada with corn tortillas.

In addition to the typical tourist itinerary, we went off course for a couple of hours to catch the opening day/night of The Bourne Ultimatum. We would later buy the movie for $2 USD. You just have to love Mexico, opening day/night on the big screen followed by the purchase of a copy just hours later.

Somos Chivas...Super Chivas!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Plaza TapatiaPlaza Tapatia
Plaza Tapatia

A 500m pedestrian street plaza lined with restaurants, bars, shops, etc.
Los CarajosLos Carajos
Los Carajos

This is one of the most famous photos captured in Mexico.
ComidaComida
Comida

5 beers/chelas and all this food, with unlimited corn tortilas - of course, for less than $20.
My First Mexican Soccer GameMy First Mexican Soccer Game
My First Mexican Soccer Game

Atlas vs. Monterrey...2-2 tie.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb