Sunday February 3, Super Bowl


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Ajijic
February 3rd 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, February 2

Super Bowl Sunday! Almost every restaurant in town was advertising a big screen TV and special Super Bowl dinner. Paul, our only American neighbour, and a true Seattle Seahawk fan was anxious to see the game but in the end, we all decided to have our own Super Bowl party by the pool.

Jorge took one of the large screen TV’s out of an empty unit and set it up by the palapa hut. We gathered the tables and chairs around the TV.

Everyone prepared food. Maryanne and Linda brought enough appetizers that we didn’t really need any additional food. However, Phina (Paul’s friend) made frijoles soup, Paul barbecued hamburgers, I made potato salad and brought a few racks of pork ribs, Jorge (who got the baby Jesus in the Three Kings cake last month), brought a whole pail of tamales. Alejandra made her famous Mexican hot chocolate. Paul, who loves desserts, brought a huge tub of ice cream.



All of Alejandra’s family came and joined the party. The game itself was not that great, however Paul was very pleased with the outcome. The party was a lot of fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb