Mexico 2017


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Zihuatanejo
January 28th 2017
Published: January 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast at the hotel, we took the bus to Playa Linda. This goes through Ixtapa and out to the pier area for Isla Ixtapa. Since this was a weekend, there were many more locals than on a weekday. The boat was filled with locals. They were very friendly, always smiling, and tried to speak a little English to us. Boat tickets were 100 pesos per person for a roundtrip, about $5. The boat first stopped at the smaller beach, where we were last time. We picked out a table right by the beach, bought a large bottle of water, and took out books and crosswords.

Walked the beach for shells again. There were a few kayaks out on the water. People like to sit on the beach at the water's edge, and have the waves flow over them. Saw the tame rabbits again. One let me pat him on the nose. Also saw a few white butterflies. It was fun to watch the very small children get into the waves with their parents.

I walked up and over the hill to the snorkeling beach. This one was much more crowded. Later in the afternoon we ordered garlic fish and shrimp, both very good. We hung out on our smaller beach a couple more hours, then went to the island pier to get the boat back to Playa Linda. Our timing was perfect to catch this boat. Many people just stay at Playa Linda. The parking area was full and the umbrella tables were filled.

Later in the evening we were still pretty full from our very large lunch. We walked down to our favorite ice cream shop but they were out of cones. We continued down to the municipal area basketball court and watched part of a game. Right across the street from the court was an ice cream shop, and this one had cones. So the evening was a success!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb