Taxco


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Taxco
June 18th 2011
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the Silver mining town of Taxco. It was beautiful. The houses are on the mountain and it reminds you of homes in Spain, or Italy or Greece. Absolutely stunning. But with life on the mountain comes the need to walk up that mountain and we did a lot of that today!

You can get a lot of silver items for cheap in this town so it was worth all the walking. After walking up one particularly steep hill we just made a decision that the first restaurant we saw we would eat at and we did. Even the restaurant had a terrific view.

We ended up in the centro where the big catedral is located and some guy, who claimed he worked for the government, wanted to give us a tour. It wasn't as much that we accepted as in he sort of stayed with us and kept talking about the church. It was harmless. He just showed us two fancy silver shops that he probably gets kick backs from, and wanted to reiterate that we didn't need to give him any donation. (We did anyway.) Besides, he told me about the patron saint San Antonio, the one women can pray to if we desire a boyfriend. Hey, I'll take any help I can get!!

Overall, it was a lovely day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb