Lifes a Beach


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Taxco
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Why arent you surfing?Why arent you surfing?Why arent you surfing?

Pureto Escondido
Finally, regrettably, after nearly a month of constant 30+ temperatures, sunshine and beaches, we slouched away from the Pacific coast, loaded down with some cool memories, and (me anyway) a totally ruined body from too much activity.

We spent a few nights in Acapulco, which is worse than any horror stories you´ve read about beach resort places. However, seeing the Clavidistas doing there diving at sunset was pretty awesome. I imagined it being higher, but i still wouldnt have got any where near it, psychos.

From here we went to Pie De La Cuesta, only 10k away, but the journey there took us 1hour, and the journey back took us longer. From what i could work out alll because 2 diggers were breaking rocks by the side of the road, not even on the road, just making the whole scene wholly ridiculous. Suprised the guy with the flag stopping the traffic didnt get shot.....we have an amazing story on a similar note, but it isnt the time or the place to start regaling that little gem...

The beach was massively long, and we decided to walk it one day...we only got so far before some army dude with
Puerto EscondidoPuerto EscondidoPuerto Escondido

Thats more like it fella.
a gun started whistling at us to get back as we were entering some sort of compound. So much for all beaches being public access huh... then i realised all the people jogging only went so far then turned around. Nice way to be aware, aimless shmucks we are!

We divided our time between sunbathing trying to avoid heat stroke, wakeboarding, getting hot, drinking coke light, thinking of ways to kill the most annoying dog in the world that kept us up night after night, and trying to find something not laced with sugar or crisps to eat. I dont want to see tuna or rice for a while. Still, wakeboarding on a jungle fringed lake warmer than a bath with cloud covered mountains in the distance was pretty sweet. My dreams of crystal clear water were scuppered, and i had to make do with green, but it was like glass, so perfect conditions, huzaaar.

Twas an ok place, but we much prefered Puerto Escondido, just had a better vibe about it and more choices of things to do. i.e, there was more than one beach :o)

We took a four hour bus journey up in to
Acapulco (The Dread Zone)Acapulco (The Dread Zone)Acapulco (The Dread Zone)

Clavadistas. They dive from the point of light on the right hand side. Most of them look about 15 years old as well. soz about the quality, was trying to eat at the same time....
the hills to a little place called Taxco, 6000ft above sea level apparantly. Now, it would be one of the best places so far if it wasnt for the cars. Its so small, yet everyone is driving pickups down impossibly narrow streets, merely hoping they dont hit anything, alive or not. Thankfully, our hotel misses most of the noise, so result there....and the hills are giving our lazified legs some bone shakers as well.

Going to try and load up some pictures, but its awful slow, and bangers in the street are creating all sorts of hell with the dogs, so i may just try and escape quick smart!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Laguna CoyucaLaguna Coyuca
Laguna Coyuca

Me. Note the boardshorts. Viva Mexico.
Weather in Pie De la CuestaWeather in Pie De la Cuesta
Weather in Pie De la Cuesta

Profusion of sunset shots i know, but it was too hot during the day!
TaxcoTaxco
Taxco

They love the VWs over here.


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb