Taxco & Acapulco & Pie de la Cuesta, Mexico


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
June 26th 2006
Published: June 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Drove down from Tejupilco with Javier and Arlen, via the amazing, huge Cacahuamilpa caves, and Taxco - a pretty old colonial town in the hills, with lots of silver shops.


Have just spent 2 days on the beach in Pie de la Cuesta.. a quiet place about 10km west of Acapulco.. so we´re no longer at altitude... and the temperature difference is huge,, it´s HOT here!


Explored Acapulco on day one, but is full of bars, clubs, McDonalds, Starbucks etc... so we visited Walmart to get supplies and headed back to our little beach! We did see the Quebrada cliff divers though.... amazing


Javier and Arlen have headed back on the 8 hour drive back to the mountains.. and Cheryl and I have found a little paradise (Hotel Rozana) so have decided to stay another 2 nights and postpone the next bus journey! We have a lovely room with balcony, hammock, outside kitchen, swimming pool.. right on the beach .. (we´ve splashed out on this one.. it´s GBP8 a night each!)

No swimming in the sea here though.. dangerous currents, and the waves are HUGE








Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



27th June 2006

This blog is awesome! You make me want to bring forward my plan to visit South America by 5 years! Keep the interesting entries coming, please.
27th June 2006

Lovely hotel and beach!
30th June 2006

nice one! Can just imagine the sound of the "grande" waves thunderously calling and the heat of the smiling Mexican sun...somepeople just know how to have fun : ) Porque no..
3rd July 2006

Oh my god, those pictures are so so so nice .. I don't have the mood to work now!
3rd April 2010

Great pictures

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb