Las Gutas Hotsprings and Spa


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guanajuato » San Miguel de Allende
December 28th 2010
Published: December 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well before taking off this morning for a new adventure to Delores Hildago a town steeped in Hostory as the place the Mexican people fought for their independence from Spain very Historical. Yesterday we had a really fun time just hanging out at one of the local Hot spring Spas. The four pools at this one were all different temperaures from pretty warmm to Hot! This one was very unique in that it had a water cave you go through to reach a large area to soak in. The water was so hot but the atmosphere was very cool! Arrived on the bus which dropped us right outside the door very easy as this is a little ways out of town. The cost per person was 80 pesos which is about 7$ US so not bad for us but shocking I am sure for local Mexican families. I asked Hugo if they gave discount for locals but they don't so most probably never go to them just the richer Mexican toursists. He says they go about once or twice a year as a splurge. The grounds were very pretty and park like except you can't bring any outside food or beverages.
Main PoolMain PoolMain Pool

Did a lot of lounging here. Of course I barely got out of the water just going from pool to pool eavesdropping on everyones conversation LOL Pretty funny the gringos trying to speak spanish and the Mexicans trying to understand and practice too.
That being said it was nice that the prices were not to steep for beer and food and the food was delicious. Anyways, we are off to explore but just wanted to post a few pictures of the area. Have a great day everyone, Wish you were here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Favorite pool Favorite pool
Favorite pool

This is the one that has the cave entrance. Would have loved to take a picture but camera may get wet, not a good thing
Another poolAnother pool
Another pool

They have these pools acattered about with lots of chairs and loungers. When we got there early no one there yet so snagged a few good loungers for the day. After it got busy the noise level as with every where in Mexico can get quite loud.
Picnic AreaPicnic Area
Picnic Area

Be a great place to picnic but you can't bring any of your own food. For those that know me this drives me crazy!! I hate being forced to buy food at restaurants but luckey for us it was really good food.
Front of HouseFront of House
Front of House

Looks plain outside but inside very nice. Not too crazy about the steps without rail. Constantly warning Rick if he is drinking some beers. OMG my worse fear! And definitely No Tequila being drunk here. The fall is about 4 feet but right to cobblestone OUCH Just being a worry wart but can't help myself


28th December 2010

San Miguel de Allende
In the Dec. 2010 issue of Smithonian magazine there is an article of this town. An American, Stirling Dickinson, arrived there in 1937 and turned it into an international art center. He's buried there and a bust of him stands on a street bearing his name. Love your blog, Crystal
29th December 2010

Las Grutas
Sorry for all the typos people but for some reason they do not have a spell checker on this site and my google doesn't want to do it either! Enjoy!
29th December 2010

Thanks Crystal!
We will make sure to take a picture of it and post soon. It is a town filled with art but you better have some money to buy it! Thought I might get a painting but not sure if I will be able to afford it! Anyway's sure is fun looking at it all!

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb