Pyramids


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Estado de Mexico » Teotihuacán
January 8th 2009
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola!

Today we got the chance to go to the pyramids in Teotihiacan. They were to say the least AMAZING, we took a bus from Pachuca (we are staying with another base here) and headed over to take a look at some history. The ride was about an hour and a half and was only 34 pesos (about $3USD) and then paid the 51 pesos to get into the site. There are alot of people selling things for tourist and you can barter them down which is fun, We climbed to the top of the sun pyramid and the moon pyramid we got to about half way because the rest was roped off. We also walked around looking at all the old ruins and where péople lived. Something we read said there once was a population of about 750,000 in the area which lived there possibly before they were built (from what i can remember). It was some amazing architecture and they were solid pyramids made from sand and rock. It was a massive site and i would highly recommend the trip there if you are in mexico because for under $15USD it is definatly worth it.
It was super hot and it is winter here so i dont know what it would be like in summer...SWELTERING!! i bet. But great none the less-

Adios amigas and amigos

Love Prue =)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th January 2009

Pyramids
Wow Prue, it looks stunning! Lucky you xxx
24th January 2009

Looks pretty awesome! Was it easy to get the bus from Mexico City to the pyramids?

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb