Mexico City


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
January 18th 2017
Published: January 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Entering the cityEntering the cityEntering the city

Very crowded
Leaving early morning heading to Mexico city a population of 8.9 million the 4th largest city in the world with 21 million taking in the surrounding areas. Mexico city is so large because it is in the valley where lots of cactus grow even at and elevation of 2500 meters. The legend believes a cactus with a serpent and an eagle is the place to live, the legend is what has grown this land to this mass population. A highway of 6 lanes entering into the city that has restrictions of vehicles entering by the plate numbers only 3 times per week, still took 2 hours to go 40 kms. However the driving was very sane and not as threatening as we find in our English speaking parts of North America, With this population that us from Canada are certainly not used to , the Spanish have order and respect, the biggest problem is pollution, you have a smog cloud over you all day long. We are going to the National museum of Anthropology the best in the country and to most the best in the world. The pictures to follow that are not labelled are because there was so much to see you could not write everything down and besides they still are only guessing as to where half this stuff came from. They do truly believe though that humans came from corn? Is that why so much of it is eaten down here in this beautiful country. Next we tasked to get to the floating gardens , it took 2 hours to get from the north side of the city to the south. The gardens and the boat ride were nice but a tourist trap.........more sales people than tourists! But very pretty. At the end of the Day you can say it was a breath taking experience.........


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement


Map of Mexico  cityMap of Mexico  city
Map of Mexico city

Once was surrounded by water












Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb