Condessa DF


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City » La Condesa
December 19th 2008
Published: December 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We decided to stay in Condessa for a change from the Central Historical district of Mexico City. Condessa is a more bohemian environment with cafes, resturaunts and art galleries. We give the taxi driver the address of a resonably priced hotel and point ot it's location on a map. The driver drops us off at what we think is the hotel we asked for but it is actually Condessa DF which is three times as expensive as the one we asked for but we decide to stay possibly as we were confused by the big chocolate coloured dog that was manning or dogging (not right) the reception area. It turns out to be possibly the most stylish, tranquil and pleasant hotel that I have ever stayed in. Fresh modern clean lines, white walls and oak panneling with white curtains and egyption cotten bedding make for a cool, stylish, fresh and affluent environment. We felt like rock stars in the candle lit resturaunt and cocktail bar. It was just what we needed, We blow the budget dineing on fine food and get drunk on cocktails in flickering light. All stress gone. Ahhhhhhhh.......

Next morning we visit the Aztec and Mayan exhibits at the National Anthropological Museum. They are both superb with extensive and excelent collections of Aztec and Mayan artifacts, relics, carvings, jewelery, cerimonial dress, death masks and much information. It is fascinating.

Unwilling to blow the budget for a second night we return to the Central Historical Disrtict and attempt to go to a veggie resturaunt but when we arrive at 8 pm the resturaunt is closing. We drink a couple of beers and look around for alternatives but the Central Historical District seems to be no place for the descerning diner. I eat chicken enchalardas dogging the hammon at the hotel. We crash out prepared for our flight to Villamosa the next day.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb