Feliz Cumpleaños Ethan!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Chiapas » Palenque
August 17th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Birthday boyBirthday boyBirthday boy

17 years and 2 hrs old
We have been in Pelenque for a couple of days now. Pelenque is what it is because of the nearby ruins of the same name. We visited them today on Ethans birthday after he had his birthday present (I let him sleep in). Tried unsuccesfully to load pics but seek with google and you shall find, they are stunning. Yesterday we went to the ruins of Yaxchilan and Bonampak very near to Guatemala. Actually to get to Yaxchilan we had a one hour river boat trip the other side of the river being Guatemala. Very hot and humid here (read sweat!) with loud pouring storms every night, last night we got caught in one walking back to the hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

CruisingCruising
Cruising

Cruising up the Usumacinta river to Yaxchilan, behind Ethan is Guatemala.
SweatingSweating
Sweating

Sweating through the jungle at the Yaxchilan Mayan ruins.
ReadingReading
Reading

Ethan reading his book in front of a pyramid at the Pelenque Mayan ruins.
Snake comidaSnake comida
Snake comida

At the Palenque ruins we saw a snake which had caught a large black squirrel. Later when we cam back it had the squirrel swallowed.
Piggy at the ruinsPiggy at the ruins
Piggy at the ruins

When we arrived in Mexico we found a piggy had stowed away with us. He seems to enjoy the sights.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb