Campeche Calakmul Ruins


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Campeche » Campeche
February 1st 2017
Published: February 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We left by truck leaving our RVs behind that could not make the roads to Calcakmul. Our goal Escarcega in the state of Campeche and find a hotel room for the night. All 12 of us and 5 dogs , in 2 pickup and a jeep. The trip there in day light was hot and scenic, the mood was exciting for a mystery venture . But as usual in Mexico after 3 shots we found a hotel with enough rooms (7) that we needed and the dogs were welcome. Now reminding you this is a small city in Mexico from 1 room to almost full for a price of 600 peos, they served the cervezas, they made us dinner and to boot............Breakfast. sent us off in the morning with nothing but good feelings and smiles. Still we have not seen another RV or white American?



We are going to make the venture to Calakumal: Deep in the interior of the Mexican jungle near the border of Guatemala, these ruins are still in the process of been restored. This is a long hike through the dense jungle, the second largest in the world next to Africa. The flora is beautiful in the Central American rain forest. It was hot and humid! but a hidden treasure that made 2 days for 2 hours of looking more than worth it. Back Tonight at Isla Aguado with a plan to leave around noon tomorrow, sad its so beautiful but we must move on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement













Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0984s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb