Packing


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
May 11th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 31.2335, -117.978

After breakfast in the dining room, we packed most everything and finished it up after dressing for dinner. On this ship, they have asked that we put as much of the luggage as possible out in the hall before going to dinner saying it will help the porters make much less noise after bedtime. We put the three suitcases out that we will check on the plane. The rest will be carry-ons although we'll have to move a few things around after we pick up the bags in the cruise ship terminal and before we check them at the airport.

This afternoon, we went up to the Pacific Lounge for the final Happy Hour and Trivia Contest. Philip and I played as a team of two. Sunny and Dick have picked up some other teammates who all showed up today. Richard and Louise were nearby, and we probably should have moved over to sit by them, but by the time the rest of Sunny's team arrived, it was time to start. We did about as well as usual—got a few right, missed a few that we should have known, and wondered about the others that were too esoteric for much of anyone to know.

We were lucky during the Happy Hour drawing. The waiters have been passing out ticket stubs with every Happy Hour purchase. Today was the drawing for the winners. Three bottles of wine were the three prizes, and we won with the first ticket drawn. How fun! Wild Horse pinot noir from California. We took it with us to dinner and shared with the table.

This evening, I went to the final show--Will and Anthony again with one performance by the dancers to start the show. I enjoyed their music and banter. One of the songs was written by them on the day they found out that their mother had been diagnosed with cancer, The Gift of You. It is a lovely tribute to their survivor mother.

Now we are tucked into the room for one more night. We finished packing and set the alarm for tomorrow morning. We must be out of the room by 8 a.m., and our group is scheduled to get off the ship for the transfer to LAX at 8:20. We do gain another hour overnight so it won't feel as early as it could.

Quotation for the Day: "I'm so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh or sing a song. Seems we just get started and before you know it, comes the time we have to say, 'So long'." Sammi ended the evening show with Carol Burnett's trademark sign-off song.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb