northern Baja to Punta Canejo


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The sunrise at Fidels was spectacular and it was an early departure for Alejandros campground near the bahia de Santa Rosalita. An old surfing right point break, favorite of Roguers. The swell was not at it's best but the bay was tranquil and the scenery was beautiful. Few cactus, sand dunes that met the shore and palapas dotted the beach front. Relaxing for a few days and time to filter the remainder, days worth of oil. Meeting up with friends from BC and a few other fellow travelers. After a few days, on to San Ignacio an old mission settlement dating back a few hundred years. Baja can resemble the back drop to an old western movie, sometimes you expect to see Clint Eastwood come riding up over the hill. Making it in at dusk and setting up camp for the night in yet another one of Roguers secret spots. In amoungst the date palms, the trees our only company. In the morning after having a feast on some fresh dates and a wander around the sleepy town, back on the road again. With no more veggy oil and running on diesil hoping to seek out a new supply in the city of Mulege and camping on the shore of bahai de concepcion. Chantelle and Anja stayed with the camp on the peaceful, turquoise waters bay. Emilie, Roguer and Domingo headed into Mulege for this the first attempt at tracking down oil in Latin America. Non new what to expect. Domingo did the majority of the speaking and although pleased that everyone he spoke to could understand his spanish the answer was continously the same. "No, we through it out." Returning to Chantelle and Anja with one litre of oil after making the entire round of the town, it was what it was. Pressing onto Punta Canejo on diesil and the hopes of picking up more oil down the road. Maybe La Paz, maybe Cabo. The crew would have to see. Reaching Canejo was excellent. Specail place, with some specail waves. A concieving ground of wee Anja and the place that holds Canejo(Roguers dog) namesake. Camped out in the trees, a million stars above and waves that crash so close to your bed.

Happy holidays to everyone and a wonderful and bright new year to all!!! We send much love to all our friends and family....


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb