Our wedding-Our inspiration


Advertisement
Published: January 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

. When I first asked my husband where he wanted to go one our honey moon his response was "anywhere but a cruise" the truth is neither of us had been on a cruise and we were both hesitant to be on a giant boat in the middle of the ocean. All we could think was "Titanic" As the wedding planning continued we knew we wanted something fun and a wedding that people would remember.We are not your average couple. We don't like rules and we hate "tradition" for no reason. We discussed the cruise ship idea over and over and had family members telling us how wrong we were about cruising. We sank into the idea of a cruise ship wedding combined with a week long vacation.We decided to get married on a carnival cruise ship! I mean the wedding should be a joyous occasion for the bride and groom too right? Most people plan their weddings as large parties to wow others. That's not our style. We wanted a fun day and a new experience. We planned a quick wedding and a 7 day cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Matzatlan and Puerto Villarta. And boy let me tell ya, it had its challenges but I wouldn't change it for the world. We have a large family and the rules of the ship were strict but we worked around them. We had a guest list of 80 people.... but we could only have 50non Cruisers at the wedding!?!? Luckily we had a lot of family and friends "on board" we ended up having 29 of our friends and family agree to cruise with us. Hands down one of the best family trips!! The wedding was a quick hour. We walked down the aisle cut the cake, did a quick money dance and spent a brief 20 minutes dancing with our group of friends. The trip was super relaxing and I'm sure your asking "why would you take so many people on your honeymoon?" My answer... I would t have had it any other way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



30th January 2017

Questions
If you have any questions on how to plan a cruise ship wedding send me a comment!!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb