Our First Two weeks


Advertisement
Greenland's flag
North America » Greenland » West Greenland » Nuuk
July 26th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have survived our first 2 weeks in Greenland. The weather has been spectacular with blue skies and warm weather ( most days b/w 10-15 deg), we have had a couple of foggy mornings but these tend to clear by lunchtime leaving behind blue sky and sunshine.
We have managed a fishing trip on the fjord where we caught Greenlandic Cod. Jake and Harrison both catching 14 fish each. Fishing here is much easier than at home, lower the line down, no bait required just a lure and multiple hooks and reel in 7 fish at a time.
Brad and the boys did a hike up Lille Malene last weekend. They took the track that follows the winter ski lift up behind the airport. They were able to get a great view of the town. Whilst up there they found some ice and were able to make snowballs to throw at each other. Yesterday we all went on a hike to Lille Malene however opted for the longer less steep route. 7 Kms later we had a fantastic view of the fjord and town.
There are many icebergs in the fjord, they are small in comparison to the ones further up north but are still amazing to look at.





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

View from Lille MaleneView from Lille Malene
View from Lille Malene

You can see the icebergs in the water
Love the Mossie NetsLove the Mossie Nets
Love the Mossie Nets

The mosquitos are very annoying hence the need for head nets.


Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb