Starting back


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 16th 2017
Published: August 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

I left Little Current and went a short distance to Haywood Island for a night and then to Covered Portage Cove for another night, one of my favorite anchorages. Next day through Killarney and on to Club Island, looked at the remains of an old fish camp two old log cabins in the woods all fallen down and then explored an old vessel sunk in the harbour so all in all a great day, left the next day and sailed/motored to Tobermory and got fuel, was going to go to Snug Harbour but changed my mind and left for Godrich at 3:30pm, had a great sail till about 9:30 when the wind died so I motored. It was a beautiful night, no lights from shore, about midnight a half moon came up and lite up the water. When you see the water going by with no other reference you would think you are going at a great rate of speed a very interesting sensation. I spent the night reading, resting and dreaming, all in all a great expereance. Arrived in Godrich about 9:30 after travelling 125 miles. Am leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) for Sarnia and on to Lake Erie and the next phase of this adventure.

Advertisement



16th August 2017

hi
All sounds wonderful. Glad for you. Cheers Roy

Tot: 0.285s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb