East Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
June 30th 2018
Published: July 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

3 weeks I spent driving along the eastern side of Canada. Mainly Ontario and Quebec.

We started in Toronto, visiting the Toronto Island park and Chinatown. Then we drove to the Niagara falls.

After that we headed to Ottawa and stopped to have a general view of the 1000 islands and we spent a few hours in the cute city of Brockville.

In Ottawa we went to the Canadian museum of history and walked the Parliament hills.

My favourite city was Montreal. The Notre dame basilica is really beautiful and the streets are filled with cool graffitis. Nightlife is best!

The old part of Quebec city looked very much like a Brittany city and there I enjoyed different kind of Quebec beers (delicious by the way). Near Quebec city we visited the park of Chute-Montmorency (please forget about the bridge if you are scared of highs).

After Quebec city we visited Tadoussac and took a zodiac and a ferry to see the whales (most of them minke whales). We also saw some lazy seals.

The parks ins north Quebec are amazing. Jacques-Cartier, Mont-Valin and the Pointe-Taillon (this last park is near Saint-Jean lake).

I totally recommend to go to Omega park (near Ottawa) and absolutely not recommend Zoo the Falardeau. They told us it was very good (most of the animals had absolutely no space). The founder pretended to do a good job taking harmed animals and taking care of them, but now they traded animals and they even have albino lions in their collection. These kind of zoo shouldn't exist.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th July 2018
Niagara falls

Niagara falls - high on our bucket list
We still haven't visited the Niagara falls but it is high on our bucket list. Thanks for letting us read about Canada. It's a country we really want to visit. /Ake

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb