Day 94 - Flat tire, we are getting good at changing these


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon
August 2nd 2013
Published: August 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Joyce and I decided we would give our guys a driving break this morning. We both pulled behind the wheel and off we went down the road. We both are pretty comfortable driving, but it does not hurt to do it every now and then to keep in practice. About 50 miles down the road Jon comes on the radio and says "We are stopping. I think we have a flat". Sure enough, this time it was a flat on their truck. Joyce is now three for three flat tires and has about had it with those darn rubber things. After getting the flat tire off the truck (5th wheel trailer still attached to truck), we headed down the road to Whitehorse. Thank goodness Whitehorse is a big town... They were able to test the tire (6 holes and non-repairable) and get another similar one to replace it. Unfortunately it was going to take 2-3 hours to get the job done, so Jon and Joyce had the rest of us continue on down the road to Teslin and our next RV park stop. They got the repairs done and joined us in Teslin just in time for dinner. We ate at the nice little restaurant here at the camp ground. Carolyn tried veal for the first time and I tried the caribou sausage. We both were very pleased with our selections.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0801s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb