Bakeries


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
August 5th 2010
Published: August 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Dawson City, happy and full of questions, and headed to Whitehorse. We had sausage rolls for lunch at Moose Creek Lodge and pie from their bakery. The Milepost said it was a “legendary” place for lunch. When we asked when it was built, they said 1968. What? Are we legends? We’re older than that! We asked if they were open in the winter and they said, “No“, they leave for warmer climes. Apparently, lots of people leave the Yukon for the winter if they can!
There was a strange, pale sunlight today. It was around 80 degrees. We stopped at a Heritage Center in Pelly Crossing to have our Yukon books stamped. A lovely 17 year girl was our guide and she explained a lot about the customs of the Tucshone Athabascans.
It seems we are noticing a lot of bakeries in the North. Lots of businesses say whatever… and bakery. Is it that way at home, too? We never noticed. (Except for City Café and Bakery.) We bought a huge cinnamon bun for the next two breakfasts.
We miss Jan because we miss practicing speaking Canadian, eh?
Now that we’re down in Whitehorse, we found that it’s almost dark at night!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb