We are spending today at the Tahklin Hot Springs


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
June 9th 2009
Published: June 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

AtlinAtlinAtlin

Campsite on the water
We spent the last couple of days in Atlin. A Historic Gold Rush town, right on the water. We had the penthouse campsite. Right on the point, overlooking the bay. It was 75 miles of partially paved road. This keeps away most of the tourists. There weere several historic buildings from the early 1900's still in use. We were lucky enough to have dinner at the new, and only, restaurant in town. They had a Prime Rib special taht was some of the best Prime Rib that we have had in a long time. Then we went to a BlueGrass performance at the newly restored Globe Theater. Great musicians, harmony and very funny. We finished the night with a beer at the local tavern. A perfect evening! I am attaching a photo of the sunset at 11:30 that night, taken from the campsite. We spent 2 nights in Atlin. Today we moved on to Whitehorse. We are camping at a Hot Springs. The water comes out of the ground at 118 degrees. There is a large pool, the main part is 100 degrees and the "hot" end is 113 degrees. The journey continues.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

SunsetSunset
Sunset

This is the sunset at 11:30 pm
Globe TheaterGlobe Theater
Globe Theater

Newly remodeled theater . originally built in the early 1900's
Pioneer CemetaryPioneer Cemetary
Pioneer Cemetary

Postmasters headstone in Atlin


11th June 2009

It is all so beautiful!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.4kb