Whitehorse -Yukon


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
August 26th 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

WhitehorseWhitehorseWhitehorse

Our Air North flight from Dawson to Whitehorse.
Tuesday August 26 - Thursday August 28
We arrived in Whitehorse earlier than scheduled due to the flight from Dawson. We took a ride on the waterfront trolly, checked out the visitor center and the local museum. That evening we enjoyed the Frantic Follies. On Wednesday morning we visited a local animal reserve and that afternoon met our friend Charlene who treated us to a tour of Whitehorse. Winter comes early in the Yukon the first snow of the season has already frosted the higher elevations around Whitehorsee. That evening we gathered for our farewell dinner. We said goodbye to Sherrie Moon, our tour director and the members of our tour group. The next day we flew to Vancouver. Our tour of Alaska and the Yukon officially ends with a night at the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Dawson from the AirDawson from the Air
Dawson from the Air

The tailing destruction that is visible from the air long the river banks near Dawson. The amount of damage that was done by dredge mining that was allowed until the 1960's is unbelievable. From the air it is visible for miles.
WhitehorseWhitehorse
Whitehorse

Riverfront trolly. This Trolly was used for years 70 years in Lisbon Portugal. Now it has a new home.
WhitehorseWhitehorse
Whitehorse

Yukon River Rapids
WhitehorseWhitehorse
Whitehorse

Fish Ladder
WhitehorseWhitehorse
Whitehorse

Fish swimming up ladder in counting station.
WhitehorseWhitehorse
Whitehorse

first snow of the season covers the mountain tops
WhitehorseWhitehorse
Whitehorse

Karen, Charlene and Sylvan on foot bridge over Yukon River.


Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb