glaciers, volcanoes, fyords..


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
June 19th 2008
Published: June 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

Here is what we've done in the last few days. Enjoy!
Our route has been: Prince Rupert then to Nisga'a Memorial Lava Bed Provincial Park then to Stewart/Hyder (short hwy into Alaska #37A-a must see), then north to Whitehorse, Yukon! There were a few stops in between of course! A big thank you to Todd and Jillian for their hospitality in Whitehorse!
All we can say is that the views up here are stunning and breathtaking! See photos.

I write this from the ferry docks in Skagway, Alaska (pics to follow when I can download them).









Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

our companionsour companions
our companions

we hung out with the wildlife from Victoria, Karin and Mat, exploring the lava bed park.
hiking to the volcanoehiking to the volcanoe
hiking to the volcanoe

In Nisga'a Memorial Lava bed Prov Park, we hiked thru the lava rocks which expand 26 km and killed 2000 Nisga'a people around 300 years ago. Our guides were local Nisga'a guys that did a wonderful job telling us stories of the eruption and their use of local animals and plants, and legends that keep their culture alive. A must see! (note the lichen now growing on the lava rocks beside us)
mask by Tlingit artistmask by Tlingit artist
mask by Tlingit artist

at the Teslin Tlingit Heritage Centre


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb