Almost there


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse
May 26th 2007
Published: May 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WaterfallWaterfallWaterfall

At this point we have seen a bear; so Ruby is leashed forever.

Almost there

 North America » Canada » Yukon » Whitehorse By Unemployed
May 26th 2007 Rodney (the truck) is still running. He is at 220,000 now and going strong despite Casey's heedless attitude to CAUTION signs. With 2,000 extra pounds the truck can still get airborn. Who knew? We have about 900 miles left to go on a 3700 mile trip. We plan to be in Alaska for the summer and we have not worked out details much beyond that. In one day we saw a wolf, moose, caribou, elk, dahl sheep (Big horns), bear, coyoye, eagle, buffalo, and lots of deer. Oh, and wild horses running...very surreal. We hope to be in AK Sunday night. Sam and I are doing pretty well, and much better after visiting the healing waters of the Laird Hotsprings.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MountainsMountains
Mountains

We've been driving through these for days.
MooseMoose
Moose

There is a very small picture of a Moose bhind us.
DolorisDoloris
Doloris

Thsi is Casey and Doloris. Doloris is Jason's mom who is making the drive through Alaska with us in her car. She likes to get out of the car to take pictures of Bears. Sometimes we loose her because she is taking pictures of some creature or scaring them away.
Wild Beast DrinkingWild Beast Drinking
Wild Beast Drinking

Sam and I in front of the Wld Beast
Hot SpringsHot Springs
Hot Springs

These were awsome! The water was incredibly hot and deep and if you look closley you can see the snow covered mountains in the background.
BuffaloBuffalo
Buffalo

These guys just amble across the highway in front of your car. They act like big dopey cows, but you can't scare them away with the horn. Sam likes this picture a lot.
BearBear
Bear

We managed a photo before Doloris chased this one away.
Sign post forrestSign post forrest
Sign post forrest

This place is nuts! What you see in the picture is a small portion of the forrest. There must be millions of signs. We saw lots from Kentucky and Vermont, but no Hyde Park or Madisonville. British Columbia is "The Best Place on Earth" instead of the best town.
Sign post forestSign post forest
Sign post forest

This place is nuts! What you see in the picture is a small portion of the forrest. There must be millions of signs. We saw lots from Kentucky and Vermont, but no Hyde Park or Madisonville. British Columbia is "The Best Place on Earth" instead of the best town.


26th May 2007

awesome photos.
im glad you guys are enjoying the trip. it looks like the weather has been nice or you just took photos on the nice day. anyway seward can't wait for you guys to get here i think there is going to be a parade in your honor. oh yeah you spelled my mom's name wrong.glad she has not been eaten by a bear yet.see you soon
27th May 2007

Deloris and the bears
I like the caption - "Deloris likes to get out and take pictures of the bears. Sometimes we lose her because...."

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb