Thursday, 17 June, 2010 Atlin,BC to Watson Lake, YT


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Watson Lake
June 17th 2010
Published: June 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post


We woke to a mostly clear but chilly morning (about 37 degrees). Bob went out to take pictures - - got a really good one of two Loons paddling by. After breakfast, we got ready to leave but had to wait while Bob installed limiting blocks on the supports he had installed on the camper top last night. Norm Vig, owner of Norseman RV park came over to supervise. Norm was a friend of Dad’s.

Once everyone was ready to go, we bid farewell to Norm. Charlie and Kerry headed on up to Jake’s Corner while Bob and Gena went over to Elizabeth’s house to say “Hello”. Elizabeth was a close friend of mother’s and had been the postmistress in Atlin for many years. We had a really nice visit with her, got her phone number for Mom, and took a couple of good photos. Talking to her was like talking to a really old friend, despite having only met her once at Mom & Dad’s 50 Wedding Anniversary party. She remembered Lynn and Janelle’s names and “the little boy”.

Gena & Bob then drove around Atlin and took a few more photos of town including the Tarahne
Bob & Norm VigBob & Norm VigBob & Norm Vig

Norm owns Norseman RV Park
and the wood carving of a sourdough Miner on the edge of town. We left town headed for Jake’s corner just about 50 minutes after Charlie and Kerry. When we pulled into Jake’s, Kerry came over and allowed as how they had only been waiting about 5 minutes.

We took off for Watson Lake and made it there at about 4:45. We checked into the campground then Kerry washed his rig while Bob and Gena went to buy a 4x4x8’ timber to replace one of the new 2x4s Bob had put on the trailer last night. After setting up the campers but before dinner, the girls went over to the Sign Post Forest and took a few pictures - - there are now over 55,000 signs. Then, Bob grilled salmon fillets for dinner - - they were yummy. We’re headed to Liard Hot Springs tomorrow to take a dip in the springs.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Sign Post ForestSign Post Forest
Sign Post Forest

This is in Watson Lake YT


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb