Day 53 - Last day in Dawson


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Dawson City
June 22nd 2013
Published: June 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Since last night was the solstice the guys went to the top of the hill (called the dome) at around 10:30 to see what the city looked like from up there. They thought they might stay for sunset but decided they were too old to stay up until almost 1:00 am. Joe did take some great pictures though. This morning the guys went to check out the riverboat Keno and tour a gold mine dredge. Joe said the Keno was not as impressive as the Klondike that was in Whitehorse. They toured dredge #4, but decided it was too expensive to do any panning for gold. This afternoon Joe and I went into town to do some last minute shopping and get gas. Gas prices are still way too high so we sure will be glad when we finally get back into the US tomorrow. We priced a gallon of 1% milk and it was $6.39. We hope the wages around here support the high price of living. Jon and Joyce scored some free drink tickets for Diamond Tooth Gerties so this evening we went there to collect our drinks and have dinner. It had been a long time since I had a beer and an awesome slice of pizza. I lived dangerously and tried one of their local microbrews. It was pretty darn good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb