Back in Dawson City.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Yukon » Dawson City
July 27th 2010
Published: July 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Oh my what a trip so far.
I've been humbled twice in the last 12 months. Once by a stroke and once by a road.....the Dempster. After just completing 1500 kilometres of dirt road (that's almost one thousand miles folks) I can quite safely say that we've seen it all on that one piece of highway. This road is, quite simply, unique. It takes the traveller through so many emotions and regions that I don't know where to begin. I can quite safely say that the scenery in many areas is worthy of a John Ford Western! The people along this dirt road,speaking mainly of the native peoples have very little but would give the shirt of their back to help you out. We could all learn humanity6 from these wonderful people. The weather.....well you've seen the pictures but today we had brilliant sunshine as we rode trhe last 250kms through the Tombstone mountains. I don't have time to post pictures up this evening because the internet cafe is closing now but i will do soon. Adam and i would have ridden all 742 kms in one day yesterday if it were not for the Ogilvie and Peel rivers flooding out the Dempster at km 241. Wegot this far and were forced to camp the night....in probably the most scenic location yet. Again , pictures soon!
Anyway, have to go now but will catch you all soon. Thanks for the message Russell, I'll rtespond to you soon buddy

Regards to you all......Nevil

Advertisement



28th July 2010

i'd rather be on a tin roof
Hi nevil Keep up the good work on the bike, as for Pete, James and me, we are on a month long metal roof......, Just like an old climbing trip I'm sure your weather will change for the better. Mervy

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb