TransCan 2008 - Estavon Saskatchewan


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan
July 26th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

TransCan 2008

Weyburn - 7/27 and 28 for a rest day.

Hi All,
The weather has finally cleared, a week without rain!!! I'm still biking with the German couple, Christoph and Iris. We're presently in Estavon Saskatchewan. We've been fairly lucky with the infamous prairie winds, a few days with North/North West winds, but then we get a break and get a few days with South/South East winds. Also as 3 we get to trade off leads.
In western Ontario we took a short cut around Lake of the Woods and dropped into Minesota for a day to get to Manitoba. Manitoba was a treat with no shoulders on the roads, but the southern route luckily didn't have too much traffic.
5000 Km's so far and the bike is doing well, so far I've just had to replace the chain. Christoph had trouble with his trailor, a broken axle in the middle of nowhere of course. We limped into a tiny town and after asking half the residents, a nice lady gave Christoph the front wheel off her 1972 10 speed (make unkown)!
Not much in the way of services on the plains, but almost every little community has a campground. Some are a bit crusty and lots of oil workers and pipe layers, but at least a hot shower.
OK, my hour is up, hope this finds everyone well!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb