We Love Our Canada, But the Tropics are Calling Us


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Saskatchewan » Regina
January 8th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Canada is amazing, and our prairie hometown of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, is beautiful. In addition to wide open spaces and smiling faces, we have some of the best sunsets in the world, and unlike those tropical sunsets which are indeed stunning, our sunsets are equally dramatic, but last for hours in the summer evenings which also extend long into the night, as we are the land of the midnight sun. The prairie people are amazing and enduring as well, always exceptionally generous and ready to lend a helping hand; they are strong, down to earth people, and are some of the best musicians in the country. That strength of character and sense of community is undoubtedly attributed to the harsh winters we have learned to live with and survive together, where temperatures can dip to 50 degrees below Celsius, a concept impossible to describe to one who has never experienced it. We find it hugely entertaining when describing to people from warmer climates that we have to actually plug in our cars to get them to start in the winter, or that we just need to put our beer outside for minutes to get it ice cold. We have lived here for a lifetime, and proudly say we are from the Canada renowned world-wide for its beauty but also its extreme coldness. However, having said that, we are equally thrilled to now be in a position to be able to leave behind the five month winter for warmer temperatures and outdoor adventures, for at this moment, as I am writing blog just before our departure, the temperature is a balmy forty five degrees below zero, and the idea of soon basking on a beach in plus thirty temperatures is just awesome.

And so another Dreamchasers adventure begins, as we take off again for our preferred landing destination, Bangkok, Thailand, where people-watching is the preferred past time, and the streets are alive with music, helping us ease through our jet lag and get set for whatever adventures await us.

Advertisement



24th January 2015

Look forward to following your 2015 adventure!!! (I'm guessing you won't be discourage to hear that you missed the last 10 days of a near-zero heatwave? No ...didn't think so!)
25th January 2015

Hi Dave. Nice to hear from you! Stan checks the Regina weather every day, and we are happy that you are getting a well deserved good winter this year. We are leaving Thailand in two days, and will be posting our next blog just before we m
ove on. Glad to have you following us around!
25th January 2015

Hello darlings, hope your trip is going well..... we miss you, but our Canadian Heat Wave (+1 today) is something to celebrate! Hugs and kisses from here......
6th February 2015

Love having you travel with us! Enjoy the trip, but don't catch anything. I seem to do that well enough myself

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb