Happy 4th from Duck Mountain!


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy 4th from Duck Mountain!

Wednesday, 4 July 2007

This morning I decided to give Bob a break from Panna - actually he’d offered to do some maintenance work on my bikes for me, and I felt like taking a long walk or hike through the woods on the TCT there with Panna, so it was a day off from cycling.

Fairly early in the walk we met another gal who was walking her young dog (9 mos.), a border collie mix named Boots, very sweet but very energetic. The gal, Kathleen, now lives in British Columbia, but she grew up in Kamsack and has a cabin (cottage) along Madge Lake where she comes every summer for 2-3 months. Boots & Panna were both let off-leash, as there weren’t many people around at that time, they played nicely & it was a very pleasant walk. When Kathleen had to return back to her car (she’d driven over from her cottage), Panna & I continued, stopping once for a snack & to fiddle with a sock. The trail was very nice, would have been fun with the bicycle, but I don’t really think I’ll get a chance to try it - tomorrow we leave & I’ll have a long enough ride from here to Roblin without adding the trail to the trip.

That evening we returned to Kamsack for our final dinner in Saskatchewan, as the selection of items at the Duck Mtn Lodge restaurant was somewhat limited, then we came back & relaxed - and it was a nice, cool evening - what a difference it makes when the evenings are cool so windows can be opened & then closed before the heat of the day makes its way into a house.

DAY 15: 9.52 km, in 2:10 hours, ave. speed 4.4 km/hr

Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb