Laurentians - Quest for Red


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
September 21st 2016
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.8904, -74.156

We had hoped to see the changing foliage on this trip. Unfortunately most people we talk to say it is 2 weeks later this year due to the better weather. This seems to be the case although we did see some changes today because we are further North and the night temperatures are cooler.

Our plan was to avoid going through Montreal so we headed West to Hawkesbury in Ontario and then North into the Laurentians. We went through Morin Heights where a friend rented a cottage during the winter in my younger years. Sometimes there would be 12+ people sleeping on the floor on a Friday night. Everyone was up early the next day to hit the slopes. Saturday night was spaghetti, bread and wine.

Our hotel is in Saint Sauveur. However the prediction is for rain tomorrow so we did the road trip to St. Agathe today. St. Agathe is very pretty. It is located on a lake and several of the buildings are of historical significance.

We returned to Saint Sauveur using a secondary route considered to be the historical route. Didn't really understand why since there was no information along the way. In addition, there was significant road work (complete road removed). At one point a detour led us to an intersection with 2 dead end roads and a closed road. We decided to take the closed road and got back to a main route. I guess people who put up the signs never drive down the roads.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb