Quebec City & Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec
November 10th 2007
Published: November 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Date of Trip: April, 2005

My friend/colleague Li and I went to Montreal for work on this trip and had just a couple extra days to also visit. Glad we did because Montreal was nice but Quebec City was even better.

Quebec City

The journey by car from Montreal to Quebec City was a long road lined with snow and moose warning signs. Entering Quebec City seemed like nothing special until we arrived at the historical city center where we stayed. I think the best part of Quebec City is walking through the streets as they are unique and filled with interesting shops and many restaurants. There is definitely a European feel to the place. I also enjoyed running down around the St. Lawrence Seaway with great views of the Chateau Frontenac. I don't remember seeing many buildings that are so iconic for a city like Frontenac is for Quebec City. There is much history here and the fort is worth a quick visit too.

Montreal

For Montreal I would recommend 1) heading up Mount Royal if you like exercise, 2) walk the old part of town down by the water, especially the side streets, and 3) check out the cathedrals. I loved running up and on top of Mount Royal but it is definitely a hill of a run! The views of the city at the top of Royal are very nice. Li went to McGill so it was fun to get the tour. It is one of the highest rated universities in the world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Moose alert!Moose alert!
Moose alert!

This is on the road from Montreal to Quebec City. Although we saw many such signs we didn't see any moose.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb