Exploring our back yard


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have walked through our "back yard" down the path to the river a few times in the last week or so. The spring flowers are really starting to come out. We saw many red trillium type flowers. I have never seen red ones before. The creek is running high but receeding and the river is still too high to get down to our picnic spot. We took a spring picture of the little falling down shed at the back of the property before the river. We have it in all the seasons now. It was a lucky thing too, because when Paul took a ride with the neighbour 2 days later we found out they had knocked it down. Sad. Unfortunately they have also decided to widen our little path. Not sure the reason yet, but an excavator has doubled the size of the path and taken away the peaceful nature feeling to it. Now it is like a big swath with all the woodland on the sides disturbed. Sad again. Hopefully all the activity doesn't disturb the hawk family that is nesting close to the trail. We think it is a Cooper's hawk.

This week we decided to walk through the trails over at Duschesney lodge twice in the evenings. There were even more red trilliums over there and some white ones too. The paths are really nice and so far the mosquitoes aren't too bad. I am guessing that will change by next week. We are enjoying it while we can.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb