New York & Cruise trip 2013


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Saint Felicien
September 22nd 2013
Published: October 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 5

Started the day off watching Lyn do her early morning workout in the gym while working my fingers off typing this - Lyn retypes later onto the blog... so off to the airport and flew to Montreal which took less than an hour so as you would guess, uneventful.

We went for a walk to look for somewhere to dine that night when a local approached the sorry and lost looking Aussies to find out what we were looking for. She came up with some great suggestions for dinner and places to have a look at while in Montreal.

We went to Old Montreal as she suggested and found a beautiful spot - well it was a square with restaurants, buskers and lots of little kiosk type shops with little gardens everywhere from the windowsills to out the front of every shop and hotel - looked stunning with the lighting well placed.

We had dinner at an Italian restaurant - as you do when you're in a French town.... the food was great and the waiter was very good and did card tricks for us - he was excellent and had been doing them since he was very young.

We headed back to the hotel where we were staying and had a not so quick night cap - loved the coffee with Baileys and so had a Bailey without the coffee afterwards.... oh our poor heads in the morning. We all got up a bit late the next day and as Lyn had seen a brochure for Chilhuly's exhibition we all went to have a look - got a little lost but found it eventually. It was awesome, absolutely amazing work. It is all blown glass work. Lyn saw an exhibition of it years ago in the Jam Factory in Adelaide. Since those days it has just gone ahead and is brilliant - well worth seeing if you ever get the chance.

Later we returned to the same section to have a look around during the day in Old Montreal and stopped for a drink or two in a rooftop bar before heading back to the bar for a Seniors Nap!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb