QC - Save some of the Best for Last


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
December 27th 2011
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

DogsleddingDogsleddingDogsledding

Shawna, Mel, Seth, Eric, Aviad and Sophie
Aviad and Sophie arrived around 22h and picked me up on the way to their hotel, which they booked off of Groupon. The hotel was just past lala land but served its purpose. We ate a delicious restaurant called Cafe Sirocco just off Rue Cartier where we shared a plate of 25 tapas and some tartar. Shawna and Eric picked us up there and we headed to Beaugarte for lots of dancing.

The next morning we woke up and set off for traineau de chien, a.k.a. dogsledding. Picking up some Timmy's bagels, coffees and chocolate milks, we were ready for the day ahead. After some wonky directions on my part, we arrived at Pourvoir du Lac Beauport (www.pourvoiriedulacbeauport.com) for our dogsledding. It was awesome!!! We split up into tandems and after a 5 minute demo set off on the sleds. Aviad, Eric and I drove for the first half and then we switched. After the switch, Mel took the first turn by smashing us straight into a tree but for the second sharp turn was a seasoned pro, that is until she flew off the sled and left me sitting in it as the dogs kept running. Luckily, Frank, one of our guides was in front of us and jumped off his sled to save me. His sled then took off and Shawna caught it as it rushed up behind her.

After sledding we decided on pizza and spent about 2 hours at Stratus Pizza in Ste-Foy. The pizza was tasty and the conversation - or one could say the consistency building was amusing. From lunch we went to see Sherlock Holmes which won over the Artist since it had dialogue. After the movie we stopped at Couche Tard where each of us had a $6 budget for Secret Santa which we exchanged when we got back to my place.

For dinner, as tradition dictates, we attempted to get Chinese Food but everything was closed! Aviad and I ventured out for food and returned two hours later with Vietnamese. It was from Thang Long and is a place I would return to.

The next morning, Shawna, Eric and I set off for Le Massif and Aviad and Sophie back to Montreal. The snowboarding was great - fresh powder and given how there is otherwise no snow, skiing in powder on the first day of the season is GREAT!!!! Day 2 was just as good but with more sun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Eric and Shawna
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Aviad and Sophie
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Sophie and Aviad
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Shawna dancing
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Mel and Shawna - Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Mel and Shawna - Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Seth after Mel crashes us into a tree
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Frank our guide, Shawna and Eric
DogsleddingDogsledding
Dogsledding

Our sled - led by Maybelline


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb