Headed Home!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
July 23rd 2019
Published: July 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

What a week we have had! We have been patting ourselves on our backs for what a good job we have done immersing ourselves in the culture and history of this remarkable city. We planned in enough days to not feel rushed in seeing and doing what ever struck our fancy, and that idea worked perfectly for us. This particular trip feels as if it is one of the best city tours we have ever done. Yay us!!

We didn’t have to catch our flight until mid afternoon (more great planning on our part!!) so we slept in this morning. After another BIG and very tasty breakfast we came back up to our room to pack for our flight home. Question of the day...why do things NEVER go back into a suitcase the same way each time you pack? That may be a question for the ages! At any rate, after we packed, we sat down to read and enjoy the spectacular view from our picture window high above Quebec City. Our view was a huge plus for this particular trip. There was always something going on outside to entertain us.

We counted out our remaining Canadian money which came out even once we paid for a taxi back to the airport. Thanks Steve S. for the currency help before we left home.

We had a great taxi ride to the Quebec Airport. Our driver, Amin, was originally from Africa. He is also a pastor in a local church. We had a very nice visit with him which made the drive to the airport go quickly. I was the lucky one to be “randomly” chosen for an extra security check, but every one was very nice and very professional, and John was able to claim me at the end so we could go home together!

Our flight is scheduled to leave Quebec at 3:48 local time with a change of planes in Chicago. We are due back in Nashville at 9:48 PM, so I think I will go ahead and post right now. As I stated earlier, we have had a wonderful trip. If you don’t hear differently, please assume that we made it back into the States, through Customs, and back to DWLP uneventfully! Thanks to all for traveling with us vicariously! Pat and John

Advertisement



23rd July 2019

Safe travels
It’s so nice when you have a great holiday and it sounds like you two had a good one. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your Blog and posting all the photos. I loved following along with you. Safe travels.
23rd July 2019

Great Trip
As usual we thoroughly enjoyed following the blog each day. We have been to Quebec City but only on a cruise so we had one day there. Wish we had done it like you did. It is a beautiful city but it requires more than a day to absorb it all. I think we are going to quit planning our own trips and just follow you two around, you always have such a good time. You'll be glad to come home to more pleasant temperatures and we have had a lot of rain the past few days. Welcome back and this may sound weird but we can't wait for you to go somewhere else. LOL!!
25th July 2019

Great trip
Glad you had fun trip, we enjoyed it also thanks for including us. See you soon. Love ya Ronnie and Susan

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb