Bring your walking shoes when you come here!


Advertisement
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
July 17th 2019
Published: July 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post

WOW! For those of you who have an upcoming trip to Quebec City...listen to the advice you hear and read to bring good walking (hill climbing) shoes! You will need them. We had a great day but we can attest to the fact that there are LOTS of steps and steep grades here. Add the funicular to your “cheat sheet” for when you go all the way down the bluff to the oldest part of the city. Be thrilled... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




18th July 2019
View from top of funicular

Love the Fresco. Pam
18th July 2019
Pat at Fresco of Quebec

Nice
That is a good picture of you and the mural is neat.
18th July 2019
John at Fresco of Quebec

Nice, too
Same to you, Dad!
18th July 2019

You guys are getting your workout! I guess you aren't missing the gym. Awesome pics, thanks for sharing.
18th July 2019

Loved all pictures
I loved all the pictures and they do look familiar to me I was there in 1999. Loved the Fresco and your Italian meal. The streets are beautiful glad you have nice weather. I am sure you will stubble upon some dessert before your trip is done. French love desserts more than me and that is a lot. Rest up for your climbing tomorrow. Have fun.
18th July 2019
Sunny day view from our room. Price Edifice on left. Frontenac Hotel on right.

What a great day of walking and seeing very old, cool, stuff. A couple of comments: Pat, sandals, really? Kim and I both have to get nice tennis shoes for our high walking days. Kim swears by her Hokas. John, I checked the Fitbit app. You need to sync so we can track your step count. Anything under 20,000 steps is for light weights. Hope you keep having nice weather!
18th July 2019
Sunny day view from our room. Price Edifice on left. Frontenac Hotel on right.

Yes, sandals really...
Mike...they are ECCO walking sandals and they are doing a great job. I actually have trouble breathing when I wear regular shoes when it is hot weather. Really. John says he is syncing as we speak. He is complaining that he was carrying a bag with our extra stuff in it yesterday so his arm didn’t swing as much, and he didn’t get as big a count as I did... Big baby... Just saying... He said it felt like he did 30,000 step but he only did 10,000+ according to the Fitbit.
18th July 2019

Vicariously traveling............
We are so thrilled that you are on a ‘blogable’ adventure! It seems like such a long time since we could enjoy your sense of humor via a destination review. I could feel your pain in walking up and down so much I felt I had to lay down to rest. Fortunately it is bedtime. ?
18th July 2019

Betty...glad you are enjoying the blog and glad you could go straight to bed and rest after reading it!
19th July 2019

Vacation
Have a great time ! ? Nice pictures.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb