Bienvenue a Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
March 21st 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Friday, October 8th, 2010

The Thanksgiving long weekend has finally arrived and thus the road trip to Montreal begins. Our bags are packed, the rental car and hotel have been booked and its just us four girls (my cousins Candice and Liane, my sister Renata and I) and 6 hours of open road from Toronto to Montreal. The trip to Montreal was not complete without a stopover at Tim Hortons for our morning coffee and breakfast.

When we arrived in Montreal around 1:00pm the highway was packed. Apparently, it was a half day and everyone was rushing home to get ready for the long weekend. We finally settled into our hotel (The Omni hotel) and went to Chinatown for lunch (yum dim sum ;-). Then we headed off on the Underground (McGill Station) to 'Le Promenade' the vast underground shopping center, to do some much needed shopping rehab. I bought this pretty mini dress for clubbing for the next day, but today was enjoyed by blowing off steam at the casino.

At the casino we grabbed dinner; it was not as nice as I would have liked. I thought that they would have restaurants by the casino but all we found was this cafeteria. The pizza I had was kinda disgusting with pepperoni and vegetables at the bottom covered with a mountain of cheese.

After the not so pleasant dinner, we headed off to do some gambling. We tried to find a blackjack table, which was a maze to get to. We literally had to follow the little red line on the floor. When we finally reached the blackjack tables, they were all occupied. So we decided to try our luck and learn some new card games.

We learned to play Let it Ride and Caribbean Stud. Let it Ride had extreme odds and Renata lost $30 dollars in two turns. We had better luck at Caribbean Stud with Renata breaking even and Candy losing $20 dollars.

After the casino, we headed back to our hotel for some much needed sleep for our long day tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb