Canada, Eh?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
February 23rd 2006
Published: February 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

This place is very Montreal - Daniel Deason 2002

That was a phrase used to describe the town hall hotel in north melbourne but i guess it could also be used to describe...well...Montreal...this place is very beautiful but also so so cold...the people here really don't speak a great deal of english but you can easily get by...and they don't seem to mind if you talk english to them...or not that we can tell anyway...

yesterday we watched the Olympic Ice Hockey at a sports bar...and you know in australia when you go to the footy and you spend more time abusing your own players for imcompetance than actually encouraging them or congratulating them? eg...come on lloydy you f!@#ing girl, put your bloody body on the line!!...well they don't do that here...they are super super serious about ice hockey but after they lost there was an air of "oh well better luck next time"...there was no anger or disgust...that must be an aussie thing...

we dorve up here in a pretty much brand new...bronze pontiac...great car...it snowed a bit but not heaps so it wasnt a treachous drive or anything...we are going to stay here until saturday and then drive back to toronto to meet kristians friend who lives there...

obviuosly there has been no word over here about how australia is going in the olympics but we have been telling anyone who will listen the legend of one Stephen Bradbury....a great moment in australian history.

john and kristian

Advertisement



24th February 2006

ice hockey
hey pudd I hope that you actually get to have a red hot go at ice skating while you are there dad and mum.
24th February 2006

Hooray for me
Hey pudd just thought u should know that as of yesterday i am now a fully qualified cabinet maker. I am not just some apprentice bitch! NOW WITH THIS MAJOR PAY RISE I CAN CAST FROST SHOOCK! AND WITH MY DUAL HANDED COMBAT I CAN NOW USE TWO HAMMERS AT ONCE, WHILE I CAST FROST SHOOOCK! You want me to build a kitchen for u? sure! WHILE I CAST FROST SHOOOOOCK! it's, it's just amazing. My Name is Brett and i'm a Cabinet Maker.
24th February 2006

Daniel was so chuffed!
oh the joy it brings to the individual's who get a personal mention in your sensational travel blog boys! DD had a smile from ear to ear with that opening line. if you get to latvia or even close i expect a mention!!!! keep up the great journal entries... xxx

Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb