Starting off in Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » Saint Laurent
August 30th 2010
Published: August 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

HallwayHallwayHallway

THe hallway to our room at the hostel

Start of the Trip



* The trip starts off in Montreal, Quebec. We arrived at the airport around 2pm local time due to a delay in the flight from Regina. We then took the bus from the airport to our Hostel which is located in the heart of downtown near old Montreal, the Bell Centre, rue la St. Laurent and the harbour. The hostel is call HI-Montreal. After check-in we settled in the room and went for a walk to explore downtown. That night there was a festival on Crescent street in celecrations of NASCAR this weekend.

* Day two had us walking around downtown again, this time going down to the Bell Centre, where we toured the Montreal Canadiens Hall of Fame. During the night we were treated to a Roughrider loss at a pub down the street called the Mad Hatter.

* Day three we climbed Mont-Royal and attended Tam Tam in the park. Tam Tam is an event which happens every Sunday during the summer where people gather in the park for a drum jam session. No one has anyparticular song in mind so they just feed off eachothers beat and olay from there. During the night we went to a blues pub called Bistro Jo Jo's where we watched a live band.

* Day four we did the Old Montreal tour, most notably the Basilique Notre-Dame de Montréal. We also took a look at the harbour.

That is all for now.... Stay tuned for more!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Music StageMusic Stage
Music Stage

Music Stage for the festivities on Crescent street for NASCAR
Tam TamTam Tam
Tam Tam

Drum Circle at Tam Tam
Montreal BridgeMontreal Bridge
Montreal Bridge

This is the Montreal Bridge our rings are "supposedly" made from.


1st September 2010

traitor
How dare you sit among the enemies' sweaters - bet you got kooties.

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb